We have contemplated in the previous article ‘THE ULTIMATE MISSION is SALVATION’ BY GRACE THROUGH FAITH IN JESUS CHRIST. This is what we call a born again experience and we also know well that there is no work needed to receive this precious gift of God. So, what is next? AFTER MISSION COMES COMMISSION!
- COMMISSION TO WORK OUT OUR OWN SALVATION:
“…Work hard to show the results of your salvation, obeying God with deep reverence and fear. For God is working in you, giving you the desire and the power to do what pleases him”– Philippians 2:12,13
God works in us first:
Since our spirit becomes new at the time of rebirth, God who comes to dwell in us works in us according to what pleases Him for our mind, will and emotions i.e soul to be saved.
So, if God is at work, don’t we have any responsibility?
Yes, of course, we have (v12) ! The meaning of ‘work out your salvation’ in AMP version describes as follows: [cultivate it, bring it to full effect, actively pursue spiritual maturity]. With the provision of His power(v13) and inclining on His grace, we work hard till the results of salvation be seen by others outwardly. Loose living, neglecting and disregarding ‘the great salvation’ has a danger of losing the salvation itself!-(Hebrews 2:2,3; 6:6;10;26)
“No work for salvation
But work hard to show the results of salvation”
How do we show:
After accepting Jesus Christ as Lord of our lives, with no one forcing we adopt certain spiritual disciplinarians to maintain the salvation we received. Anyone who has experienced salvation cannot live the same lifestyle any longer.
The following are some of the examples we carry to work out our salvation,
- We first understand God, His ways and who we are in Him by reading His word.
- We pray every day out of the relationship we have as sons and daughters.
- We renew and wash our mind every day by meditating His pure word.
- We say ‘no’ to former habits and wrong relationships we had once wrongly indulged
- We could not stay any longer or laugh at dirty jokes or filthy talks once which seemed to be very interesting
- We show more carefulness while speaking. esp. about others
- We are cautious to guard our minds from every negativism and depression.
- We are vigilant to subdue our carnal nature -immorality, impurity, sensuality, idolatry, sorcery, enmities, strife, jealousy, outbursts of anger, disputes, dissensions, factions, envying, drunkenness, carousing, and things like these – Galatians 5:19 -21 and every kind of pride when it finds a way to rise again.
- We keep our emotions balanced before it takes control over us.
- We try to treat our body with good care realizing the fact that it is the temple of the Holy Spirit and the instruments of righteousness.
- Our God works in such a way that we yearn to do what the bible says ’do’ and not to do what the Bible says ‘don’t’. We immediately feel sorry for even the small mistakes we commit.
By doing so, we move on from glory to glory manifesting the character of God by letting the results of our salvation be seen by others. This process goes on until we complete our appointed race on this earth.
-To be continued